2 pounds parsnips or carrots, peeled
1 1/2 teaspoons grapeseed or olive oil
1 pinch Sprinkle of Frontier Sea Salt
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Wash the parsnips/carrots and pat them dry. Peel the parsnips/carrots and chop the tops off.
3. Place your mandoline slicer on the 1/8-inch setting.
4. Starting at the thick end of the root, slice it into rounds. Stop slicing once you get to the thin end of the root and save the remainder for another purpose.
5. Place slices in a mixing bowl and add the oil and Simply Organic Vegetable Seasoning. Use your hands to toss the chips and evenly coat them with oil and seasoning.
6. Evenly space the slices on a large baking sheet. You may need to make two batches.
7. Bake chips for 10 minutes then flip them to the other side.
8. Bake chips for an additional 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy. The edges will fold up and turn slightly golden when the chips are ready.
9. Sprinkle chips with desired amount of sea salt.
10. Serve fresh out of the oven with your favorite dip.
Note if you slice the parsnips and carrots at 1/16-inch thick, bake them at 350 degrees for 6 to 8 minutes on each side.
Make the perfect oven-baked parsnip and carrot chips with these tips for baking root vegetable chips.