Parmesan and Cumin Seed Crackers
Total Time: 1 hrs 0 mins
Hands-on Time: 0 hrs 40 mins
Makes: 11 servings
Mini homemade cheese crackers featuring whole grain flour, salty Parmesan and whole cumin seeds, and speckled with black pepper. These tiny Parmesan crackers pack a big flavor punch and pair well with homemade jam. Use them for parties or when you want to indulge yourself a little. Or use just a few as a soup topper.
1 1/2 teaspoons Simply Organic Whole Cumin Seed 3.00 oz.
1/2 teaspoonSimply Organic Medium Grind Black Pepper
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
1 teaspoon kosher salt
4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, diced
8 ounces Parmesan cheese, shredded
3 to 4 tablespoons ice water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees with racks set in upper and lower thirds. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a food processor, combine flours, cumin seeds, salt and pepper. Pulse until well combined, then add butter and pulse until pea-sized.
3. Add Parmesan and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal.
4. Add water by tablespoon and pulse until a dough comes together.
5. Roll dough out to ⅛-inch thick between two pieces of parchment paper.
6. Cut dough into 1-inch pieces using a 1-inch cookie cutter, then transfer to prepared sheets.
7. Bake crackers for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown and crisp, rotating sheets halfway through.
8. Transfer crackers on parchment to a wire rack to cool completely.
9. Store crackers in an airtight container for up to 1 week.Recipe Tip
Be sure to measure the thickness of the dough when you roll it out. If it's thicker than ⅛-inch, the crackers won’t get as crisp.