Total Time: 35 mins
Hands-on Time: 35 mins
Makes: 4 burgers
This grilled blueberry burger recipe starts with a simply seasoned beef patty, then goes all the way to gourmet with an exquisitely flavored blueberry sauce, jalapeño relish (optional) and a creamy, herb-laced goat cheese spread — all of which meld together perfectly into an unforgettable summer meal.
FOR THE BURGERS:
2 pounds lean (85/15) ground beef
1 teaspoon sea or Himalayan pink salt
1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Black Pepper
1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Garlic Powder
4 brioche buns, split and toasted
½ cup jalapeño relish (optional)
FOR THE BLUEBERRY SAUCE:
1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries (we used wild blueberries)
1 ½ teaspoons balsamic vinegar
1 ½ teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon cornstarch
¼ teaspoon sea or Himalayan pink salt
⅛ teaspoon Simply Organic® Black Pepper, plus more to taste
½ teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
FOR THE HERBED GOAT CHEESE:
4 ounces goat cheese, softened to room temperature
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon honey
½ tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
½ tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add ground beef, salt, pepper and garlic powder, and mix thoroughly. Form into four half-pound patties.
- Preheat grill. Place patties on grill over direct heat. For a medium burger, cook for 5 to 6 minutes on one side, then flip and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on the other side. Remove from grill, cover with aluminum foil and let rest for 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add blueberries, balsamic vinegar, honey, vanilla, cornstarch, salt, pepper and thyme, and stir well to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 6 to 8 minutes, until berries burst and sauce thickens slightly. (Sauce will thicken more as it cools.) Let cool slightly before adding to burgers.
- In a mixing bowl, using a fork, mash goat cheese into a spreadable consistency. Stir in olive oil, honey, lemon juice, chives, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Toast buns. Spread goat cheese on tops and bottoms of buns. Place burger patty on bottom bun, top with blueberry sauce and jalapeño relish, and add top bun. Enjoy!
To Make the Burgers:
To Make the Blueberry Sauce:
To Make the Herbed Goat Cheese:
To Assemble Burgers:
From this recipe
Simply Organic Simply Organic Pure Madagascar Vanilla Extract 4 fl. oz. SKU: 18532$21.59
Simply Organic Simply Organic Black Pepper, Medium Grind 2.31 oz. SKU: 18523$7.89
Simply Organic Simply Organic Garlic Powder 3.64 oz. SKU: 18516$8.99
Simply Organic Single Origin by Simply Organic Californian Garlic, Organic 2.79 oz. SKU: 19834$9.09
Simply Organic Single Origin by Simply Organic Sri Lankan Black Peppercorn, Organic 2.15 oz. SKU: 19829$9.09