Chickpea Burgers with Coriander Yogurt Sauce
Total Time: 35 mins
Hands-on Time: 35 mins
Makes: 2 large burgers
1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
3 scallions, trimmed and coarsely chopped
1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Garlic Powder
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 large egg
1 teaspoon + 1 pinch sea salt, divided
1 teaspoon Simply Organic Coriander, divided
1 teaspoon Simply Organic Cumin
1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Paprika
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 hamburger buns
1/2 cup arugula, for serving
1/2 cup shredded carrots, for serving
1. In a food processor, combine chickpeas, scallions, parsley, garlic powder, flour, egg, 1 teaspoon salt, 3/4 teaspoon coriander, cumin and paprika. Pulse, stopping a few times to scrape down the sides, until a coarse mixture that holds together when pressed forms.
2. Form mixture into even patties.
3. In a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add patties and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, lemon juice, remaining 1 pinch salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon coriander.
5. Serve burgers on sliced buns with arugula, shredded carrots and a generous spoonful of yogurt sauce.