Chipotle Shrimp Grilled Cheese with Slaw
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 1 servings
"This is my take on shrimp tacos. It was good alone, but when I opened up the sandwich and added some slaw, it was amazing."
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Garlic Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Black Pepper Medium Grind
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Spicy Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2 slices American cheese singles
- 1 teaspoon chipotle sauce
- 1/4 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 1/4 head cabbage
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/8 sweet white onion
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
1. Combine chipotle sauce, garlic salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper. Brush over shrimp. Grill shrimp until translucent.
2. Julienne cabbage and pepper. Dice onion. Mix yogurt, vinegar, mustard and Taco Seasoning Mix. Pour over veggies and mix together to coat.
3. Brush 2 slices of bread with butter and lay open face (buttered side down) in skillet. Place 1 slice cheese on each side and top one side with the shrimp. Grill sandwich halves until golden and brown, then remove to plate and top one side with slaw. Close up and enjoy.