Asparagus Frittata with Thyme
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 8 servings
Thyme and paprika perfectly complement this Mediterranean take on the beloved frittata, featuring asparagus, creamy feta and sun-dried tomatoes.
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Black Pepper Medium Grind
- 1/4 ounce Frontier Fine Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Thyme Leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Ground Paprika
- 8 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons Greek yogurt
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup fresh arugula
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup leeks, chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease 12 muffins tins with cooking spray, set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the Greek yogurt and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir in the feta cheese, set aside.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and leeks and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the thyme, paprika, and the remaining salt and pepper, toss to combine. Stir in 1 bunch of chopped asparagus, cover and cook until crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
5. Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes and cook one minute more. Remove from the heat and divide the veggies among the 12 muffin tins.
6. Evenly pour the eggs over each muffin cup.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until the eggs are set.
8. Serve garnished with arugula and grape tomatoes.
Alternately you may cook the veggies in an oven safe skillet and pour the egg mixture over the veggies. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the eggs are set.