Smoked Paprika Seared Scallops with Lemon Herb Couscous
- Makes: 4 servings
A simple, elegant recipe for seared scallops dusted with smoked paprika and paired with zesty lemon herb couscous. Use organic ingredients where possible.
- 1 tablespoon Simply Organic Smoked Paprika
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup pearl couscous (tricolor, if possible)
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 medium scallops, removed from tough side muscle
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- additional chives, for garnish
1. In a medium-size pot, bring water to a boil. Add couscous and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cover pot and allow to simmer, stirring continuously, for 8 to 10 minutes, until water is fully evaporated.
2. Add parsley, chives, olive oil, lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Stir until well combined, then remove from heat and set aside.
3. Rinse scallops with cold water and pat dry with a paper towel.
4. In a small bowl, combine smoked paprika and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Roll scallops in seasoning until well coated.
5. In a skillet over medium-high heat, heat grapeseed oil. Once the oil is very hot, add the scallops (*they should sizzle immediately). Reduce heat to medium-high and sear for about 2 1/2 minutes, until a golden crust forms. Flip with a spatula or tongs and cook on the other side for about 2 more minutes.
6. Serve scallops over couscous and garnish with chives.