Farmer’s Market Vegetable Tray
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Hands-on Time: 30 mins
- Makes: 12 servings
Upgrade your veggie tray with a zippy dip and an impressive presentation to match! Showcase the crisp beauty of tomatoes, asparagus, carrots, mushrooms and asparagus. At the center of it all a lush purple cabbage filled with Zesty Spinach Dip! Serve at your next party or create individual servings for lunch.
- 1 package Simply Organic Zesty Spinach Greek Yogurt Dip Mix
- 12 medium carrots, peeled with ends trimmed
- 1 16-ounce package plain organic nonfat Greek yogurt
- 8 ounces fresh white button or cremini mushrooms, cleaned and stems trimmed
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 16 ounces (1 pint) grape or cherry tomatoes
- 16 ounces fresh asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 small head purple cabbage
- Fresh parsley (optional, for garnish)
1. Mix Simply Organic Zesty Spinach Greek Dip Mix with the 16-ounce package plain organic nonfat Greek yogurt. Chill for 30 minutes.
2. Fill cabbage bowl (instructions below) with chilled Simply Organic Zesty Spinach Greek Dip. Place in the center of a large tray or shallow dish.
3. Arrange cauliflower around the cabbage bowl.
4. If using parsley, divide into two equal bunches and place at opposite corners of the tray. Place carrots on top of the parsley.
5. Place remaining vegetables around the carrots.
To make the cabbage bowl
1. Carefully remove the two frilly, outermost leaves and set aside.
2. Trim the bottom of the cabbage so it will sit flat.
3. Next slice off the top inch or so of the cabbage. Use a paring knife to make an X in the center of the cabbage. Run the knife around the X and carefully hollow out the center using a spoon. Leave a few of the cabbage layers so it can hold the amount of dip you will be using.
4. Place the reserved outer leaves around the cabbage, trimming the bottom so it will lay flat. Fill the center of the bowl with dip and serve.