Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
- Makes: 5 servings
Sweet and spicy — what a combination! Healthier than your typical fries and ranch, baked sweet potato fries and Simply Organic Southwest Ranch Greek Dip are also more flavorful.
- 1 package Simply Organic Southwest Ranch Greek Yogurt Dip Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Cumin Seed Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Cayenne Pepper
- 2 sweet potatoes, scrubbed and peeled
- 1 16-ounce package plain organic nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2-3 teaspoons olive oil, plus more for baking sheet
- Kosher salt
1. Mix Simply Organic Southwest Ranch Greek Dip Mix with the 16-ounce package plain organic nonfat Greek yogurt. Chill for 30 minutes.
2. Cut the sweet potato into 1/4 inch thick fries. Submerge them into a bowl of water for about an hour.
3. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees and rub two rimmed baking sheets with olive oil.
4. In a large bowl, combine the chili powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder and cayenne. Set the bowl off to the side.
5. Towel-dry the sweet potato fries and place them into the bowl with the seasoning. Pour in the two tablespoons of olive oil and toss until coated. Add more oil if needed.
6. Divide the seasoned sweet potato fries among two oiled, rimmed sheet pans and bake for 15 minutes. Once the fries start to brown flip, rotate the pans and continue to bake for 5 to 10 minutes more. Total baking time will depend on how thick you cut the sweet potatoes and the heat of your oven. If the sweet potatoes stick, let them cool slightly before flipping. Keep a close eye on sweet potato fries as they always want to burn when you aren’t looking!
7. Remove from oven, cool and serve with Simply Organic Southwest Ranch Greek Dip.