Chocolate layer cake-an excellent Valentine's Day treat! For a simple yet elegant finish, top with a single red rose.
1 1/2 cups Frontier Organic Cane Sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1 teaspoon Simply Organic Vanilla Extract
2 1/4 cups sifted flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon Frontier Sea Salt
2 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
2. Cream butter and sugar together thoroughly. Add beaten eggs.
3. In a separate bowl, sift dry ingredients together.
4. Combine milk and vanilla in a small bowl.
5. Alternately add milk mixture and sifted dry ingredients to creamed mixture. Beat for two minutes. Add melted chocolate and blend until evenly distributed.
6. Pour into two greased 9-inch cake pans. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
Ease of Preparation: Moderate
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 40-45 min
From: Frontier Files