. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
COMPLETE SET OF RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. A purchase or payment will not improve your chances of winning. The “GROWN-UP GRILLED CHEESE RECIPE CONTEST (the "Contest") starts at 12:00 AM Central Time ("CT") on September 12, 2012 and ends at 11:59 PM CT on October 9, 2012 (the "Promotion Period"). Central Time shall control for all purposes of this Contest. The Contest is governed by these Official Rules, and is subject to all applicable U.S. federal, state and local laws, and provincial or territorial laws, and is void wherever prohibited by law.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the United States and District of Columbia, EXCLUDING RESIDENTS OF GUAM, PUERTO RICO AND ALL OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS, CANADA AND ALL OTHER COUNTRIES, TERRITORIES OR POSSESSIONS, who are 18 years of age or older or the age of majority in his/her state of residence at the time of entry (or in the case of legal residents of jurisdictions where the age of majority is greater than 18 years of age, such age of majority under the laws of the jurisdiction in which they reside at the time of entry). Any individuals who have, within one year prior to the start date of the Contest, performed services for Sponsor, or its affiliates and successor companies or any organizations responsible for fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest or supplying any prize, and the immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter the Contest or win the prize. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year, whether related or not. Mechanically altered or reproduced entries are not eligible. In order to enter the Contest or receive the prize, you must fully comply with the Official Rules, and by entering you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsors, whose decisions shall be binding and final in all respects, and you certify that you are eligible to enter.
2. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, visit www.simplyorganic.com and complete the entry as detailed on the website. Entry information includes first and last name, complete home mailing address (no P.O. Boxes), and daytime telephone number (including area code) (“Entry Information”), complete recipe information including recipe title, one to two sentence description of recipe, complete list of ingredients including Sponsor products , number of servings and complete instructions for preparing and cooking the recipe (the "Entry Material"). The Entry Information and Entry Material are collectively referred to as the “Entry” or “Entries”. Sponsor Product is defined as products from the following organic food producers: Organic Valley Family of Farms and Simply Organic.
Entries may also be submitted through the U.S. Postal Service in a postage paid envelope. Submission must include: first and last name, complete home mailing address (no P.O. Boxes), and daytime telephone number (including area code) (“Entry Information”), complete recipe information including recipe title, one to two sentence description of recipe, complete list of ingredients including Sponsor products , number of servings and complete instructions for preparing and cooking the recipe (the "Entry Material"). Send written submissions to GROWN-UP GRILLED CHEESE RECIPE CONTEST; ATTN: Joanna Lottig; Organic Valley Family of Farms; One Organic Way; La Farge, WI 54639.
ALL ENTRIES (ON-LINE AND U.S. POSTAL SERVICE) MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59 PM CT, OCTOBER 9, 2012. Limit one entry per household. “Household” is defined as a residence of household members. Entries by the same person in excess of the limits stated herein will be disqualified. Entries submitted to www.simplyorganic.com will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of the entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the Authorized Account Holder. All Entry Material/Entries you submit must be original to entrant alone, not copied or plagiarized and cannot have been submitted to or published by any other publication, and you must own all copyrights in the Entry Material/Entry, have full rights and authority to grant Sponsor the rights, title, interests and copyrights to use the Entry Material/Entry, as provided in the Official Rules, and have acquired any necessary releases with respect to the Entry Material/Entry. Furthermore, Entry Material/Entry cannot contain the image or likeness of or reference in any identifiable way (for example, by first and last name, or by any part of a name that is identifiable) any person other than the entrant, including, but not limited to, any depictions of celebrities, unless a signed release from such person(s) is submitted to Sponsor along with the Entry Material/Entry. Entry Material/Entry cannot describe, in any identifiable way, any copyrights, trademarks/trade names, logos, or similar brand identifying marks, third party artistic works, or describe, depict or contain any illegal, dangerous or unsafe activity, or be otherwise obscene or inappropriate.
3. JUDGING CRITERIA; WINNER SELECTION: The Finalist (the “Finalists”) will be determined on or about OCTOBER 19, 2012. All eligible entries received will be judged by a qualified panel of judges who shall select three finalists based on originality (20%), taste (50%), and innovative use of Sponsor products (30%). Recipes must be original and previously unpublished elsewhere. Finalist’s recipes will be posted on Facebook or some such similar social media vehicle on or about OCTOBER 23, 2012. Popular vote will determine the final winner. This recipe contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
4. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Three (3) potential Finalists for the grand prize will be notified by telephone using the information provided on his/her Entry, on or about OCTOBER 19, 2012. In the event: (a) potential Finalist cannot be reached for whatever reason after a reasonable effort has been exerted based on the information stated in the Entry, (b) of noncompliance with the above or within any of the aforesaid time periods, (c) potential Finalist is found to be ineligible to enter the Contest or receive the prize, (d) potential Finalist cannot or does not comply with the Official Rules, the potential Finalist shall be disqualified from the Contest and an alternate potential Finalist may be selected, at Sponsor's sole discretion, from among the other eligible entries received. If entrant's e-mail address, telephone number, or home mailing address changes after he/she enters the Contest, it is the entrant's sole responsibility to notify Sponsor by postal mailing notice to the OrganicValley mailing address shown at the end of the Official Rules to be received before the end of the Promotion Period. The grand prize winner (1) and three (3) other finalists shall be notified on or about NOVEMBER 8, 2012. Winners may be required to sign an Affidavit and any other documentation required by Sponsor.
5. PRIZES: The average retail value of the grand prize is $450 (USD). The grand prize will be awarded to one (1) winner. Odds of winning the grand prize depend on number of eligible entries received and the quality of the entries received, as judged pursuant to these Official Rules. The grand prize will consist of a Breville Smart Grill, Organic Valley coupons and Simply Organic seasonings. The value of the remaining finalist prize(s) has a respective average retail value of $50 (USD). The remaining finalist prize(s) will be awarded to three (3) winners. Odds of winning the remaining finalist prize(s) depend on number of eligible entries received and the quality of the entries received, as judged pursuant to these Official Rules. The remaining finalist prize(s) will consist of Organic Valley coupons and Simply Organic seasonings. The total average retail value of all prizes awarded is $650 (USD). There is a total of 3 prize(s) to be awarded to 3 winner(s). Winners will not receive any additional prize, credit or monetary equivalent for the difference in value between the actual retail value and the average retail value of the prizes. Any depictions of prizes are for illustrative purposes only. All federal, state and local taxes on the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. No transfer, refund, substitution, or replacement of prizes permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value (or cash equivalent). Average retail value of all prizes is in U.S. dollars. All prizes will be awarded within 60 days of receipt of valid and executed winners' affidavit or prize confirmation. Any portion of the prize not accepted or unclaimed and/or unused by the winner will be forfeited and will not be substituted. Once the winner has been qualified and confirmed, Sponsors will send the Prizes by USPS regular mail or UPS delivery or as otherwise determined by the Sponsors to the qualified winners at the addresses given to Sponsors.
6. PUBLICITY RELEASE; USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION: Except where prohibited or restricted by law, entry and/or finalist acceptance of prize constitutes agreement and consent for Sponsor and its successors, assigns, transferees, licensees, and sub-licensees and/or anyone authorized by Sponsor, including the operator of any third party website (Facebook, Woobox) (and pursuant to any and all terms and conditions of use or guidelines applicable to such site) to use and/or publish winner's full name, city and state of residence, Entry and Entry Material (including Entry Information and recipe), photographs or other likenesses, pictures, portraits, voice, testimonials, biographical information (in whole or in part), and/or statements made by winner regarding the Contest or Sponsor, worldwide and in perpetuity for any and all purposes, including, but not limited to, advertising, trade, syndication, and/or promotion on behalf of Sponsor, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised, including, but not limited to, print, TV, radio, cable, electronic or World Wide Web, without further limitation, restriction, compensation, notice, review, or approval. In addition, finalist and entrants will agree to transfer all rights, title, interests, and copyrights, and to waive any and all moral rights, in the Entries and Entry Material to Sponsor and will execute any such documents as may be necessary to effectuate such a transfer or rights and waiver of moral rights, without further compensation. Sponsor is not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation.
Also by entering the Contest, entrants will be sharing their personal information with Sponsor. Personal information collected by Sponsor will be used for administration of the Contest and awarding the prize. Sponsor is not responsible for disclosures made by any third party. Sponsor uses reasonable commercial efforts to comply with Federal CAN–SPAM law and entrants may subsequently opt-out of receiving further emails by following opt-out instructions provided on Sponsor websites. All entries become the property of Sponsor upon receipt and will not be acknowledged or returned.
7. CONDITIONS/WARRANTIES: Sponsor and its affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors shall not have any obligation or responsibility, including any responsibility to award any prize to entrants, with regard to: (a) Entries/Entry Materials that contain inaccurate information or do not comply with or violate the Official Rules; (b) Entries/Entry Materials, prize claims or notifications that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to computer, human or technical error of any kind; (c) entrants who have committed fraud or deception in entering or participating in the Contest or claiming the prize; (d) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (e) any inability of the winner to accept the prize for any reason: or (f) any damages, injuries or losses of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from awarding, acceptance, possession, use, misuse, loss or misdirection of any prize or resulting from participating in this promotion or any promotion or prize related activities. Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be (a) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, or with any Web sites promoting the Contest; (b) acting in violation of the Official Rules; or (c) entering or attempting to enter the Contest multiple times through the use of multiple e-mail addresses or the use of any robotic or automated devices to submit entries. If Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that technical difficulties or unforeseen events compromise the integrity or viability of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right to void the entries at issue, and/or terminate the relevant portion of the Contest promotion, including the entire Contest promotion, and/or modify the Contest and/or select finalist(s) to award the prize(s) using all eligible entries received as of the termination date. If the Contest is terminated or modified due to technical difficulties or unforeseen events prior to the expiration date of the Promotion Period, notice will be posted on Sponsor websites and/or other electric media. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the contest or in the announcement of the prize. Decisions of Sponsor are final and binding in all respects.
8. RELEASE OF LIABILITY; DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY; INDEMNIFICATION; FORUM SELECTION CLAUSE: By participating in the Contest, entrants and finalists agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, directors, and the operator of any third party website (Facebook, Woobox) (and pursuant to any and all terms and conditions of use or guidelines applicable to such site) from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury (including emotional distress), and/or death which may occur in connection with preparation for, or participation in, the Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of the prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Sponsor and their parent affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to entrants or to any other person's computer, regardless of how caused, relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with this Contest. Entrants and finalists acknowledge that Sponsor has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representations or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including, but not limited to, express warranties provided by the manufacturer of the goods or their affiliates. By submitting entry materials, entrants acknowledge that they understand and agree that the Released Parties' use of material containing features and elements similar to or identical with those contained in entrants' entry materials does not entitle entrants to any compensation. By entering, entrants waive any right of action against the Released Parties in connection with the Released Parties' use of any material (or any part thereof), whether or not the material contains features or elements similar or identical to those contained in entrants’ entry materials. Entrants and finalists agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and its affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, directors, and the operator of any third party website (Facebook, Woobox)(collectively the “Indemnified Parties”) from any and all claims, demands, actions, rights or liability of any nature, including attorney fees and costs of litigation, now existing or hereafter arising, and whether known or unknown, absolute or contingent, suspected or unsuspected, which are brought by a third party against an Indemnified Party and are related to any of the Entry Material/Entries provided by the entrant and/or finalist.
Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant or Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Wisconsin without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Wisconsin, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Wisconsin. In addition, any dispute relating to the Contest (including these Official Rules) shall be brought in the appropriate state or federal court having jurisdiction over the subject matter located in the County of Vernon, Wisconsin. Entrants hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts and waive any claim of forum non conveniens or lack of personal jurisdiction they may have.
9. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, by participating in this Contest, entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or awarding of the prizes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Contest but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any participant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
10. SEVERABILITY: If any one or more provisions of these Official Rules are held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect the validity, effect or enforcement of any other provision or provisions of these Official Rules.
11. FORCE MAJEURE: The failure of the Sponsors to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, terrorism, fire, riot, earthquake, actions of governmental authorities outside the control of the Sponsors or other force majeure event shall not be considered a breach of these Official Rules.
12. LIST OF WINNERS: A winners' list will be posted on social media outlets and possibly Sponsor websites on or aboutNOVEMBER 8, 2012. To receive a list of the winners after November 9, 2012, by USPS regular mail, send a self-addressed envelope, with applicable U.S. postage affixed (VT state residents only may omit return postage), to: Grown-Up Grilled Cheese Recipe Contest; c/o Organic Valley Attn: Joanna Lottig; One Organic Valley Way; La Farge, WI 54639 or by e-mail. Send an e-mail to Feedback@simplyorganic.com and in the body of the e-mail type: Please e-mail me the winner's list for the "Grown-Up Grilled Cheese Recipe Contest."
13. ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNERS. Sponsor will post the first and last name and state of legal residence of the winners on social media outlets such as Facebook (www.facebook.com/organicvalley, http://www.facebook.com/simplyorganicfoods), Twitter (https://twitter.com/OrganicValley, http://twitter.com/SimplyOrgFoods) or potentially Sponsor websites (www.simplyorganic.com, www.organicvalley.coop) following the verification of the winners.
14. SPONSOR: The Sponsors of the Contest are:
Cooperative Regions of Organic Producer Pools
Organic Valley Family of Farms
One Organic Way
LaFarge, WI 54639
Frontier Natural Products Co-op, LLC
3021 78th Street
Norway, IA 52318
on orders $75 or more*
visit our family of brands:
© 2011 Frontier Natural Products Co-op. All rights reserved.