Whipped Sweet Potato Pie
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Hands-on Time: 45 mins
- Makes: 8 servings
Turn a holiday favorite — sweet potato pie — into a work of art with our incomparable organic cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Nutmeg Ground
- 3/4 teaspoon Frontier Fine Sea Salt
- 2 1/2 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 cup Frontier Organic Cane Sugar
- 4 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust, recipe below
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup ice water
FOR THE PIE FILLING
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix sweet potatoes, sugar, spices, 1/2 teaspoon salt and butter in a large mixing bowl. Beat in eggs and milk. Transfer to prepared pie crust.
3. Bake for 1 hour or until sweet potato mixture is set in the center. Remove from the oven; set aside to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
FOR THE BASIC BUTTER PIE CRUST
1. In a large bowl, combine flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the water (without the ice!) a tablespoon at a time, until mixture forms a ball.
2. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. When you remove from refrigerator, allow at least 20 minutes for the dough to return to room temperature before using.
3. Roll dough out to fit a 9-inch pie plate. Place crust in pie plate. Press the dough evenly into the bottom and sides of the pie plate. Crimp or pinch edges as desired.