Vanilla Cornbread with Cinnamon Honey Butter
- Makes: 12 servings
A simple, slightly sweet and moist vanilla cornbread recipe with cinnamon honey butter. Use organic ingredients where possible.
1. Preheat over to 375 degrees. Grease a 9-inch square pan.
2. In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk until well mixed.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk eggs, then add buttermilk, 3 tablespoons honey and 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, then add melted butter. Stir until just combined, being careful not to over-mix.
4. Spread batter into pan, then use a spatula to smooth top. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until the center is firm to the touch. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
5. While the cornbread cools, prepare the honey butter. In a small mixing bowl, combine softened butter, remaining 2 1/2 tablespoons honey, cinnamon and remaining 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract. Whip with a mixer for about 5 to 7 minutes, until smooth and fluffy.
6. Serve cornbread warm or at room temperature with honey butter.