Vanilla Bourbon Bread Pudding
- Makes: 5 servings
Sweet, fragrant vanilla pairs beautifuly with oaky bourbon in this with smooth, oaky bourbon in this richly spiced bread pudding.
- 1 tablespoon Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Ginger Root Ground
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Nutmeg Ground
- 1 pinch Simply Organic Cloves Ground
- 1 pinch Frontier Coarse Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup +2 teaspoons bourbon whiskey
- 9 cups day-old French bread, cubed
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
FOR THE BREAD PUDDING
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9-inch square baking dish.
2. Soak raisins in 1/4 cup for 15 to 20 minutes or until raisins are plump. Drain raisins, reserving bourbon. Toss bread with raisins and pecans in large bowl and set aside.
3. Whisk 1 1/2 cups heavy cream with milk, eggs, brown sugar, reserved bourbon, 1 tablespoon vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and salt. Slowly pour mixture over the bread, tossing to combine. Scrape into prepared pan. Let stand for 20 to 30 minutes or until bread absorbs the mixture, pressing to make sure mixture is thoroughly absorbed.
4. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil then continue to bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until golden and set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve with Vanilla Bourbon Whipped Cream.
FOR THE VANILLA BOURBON WHIPPED CREAM
1. Whip 1 cup heavy cream with electric beaters until holds stiff peaks. Beat in confectioner’s sugar, 2 teaspoons bourbon and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla just until combined.