Thanksgiving Between Bread
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Hands-on Time: 20 mins
Hot sandwich filled with a traditional Thanksgiving feast
- 1 package Simply Organic Roasted Turkey Flavored Gravy Seasoning Mix
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Thyme Leaf
- 1 can (16-ounces) whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup water
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread
- 1/2 pound thick-cut leftover turkey
- 1 cup leftover mashed sweet potatoes
1. Heat the cranberry sauce over medium-low heat and prepare the turkey gravy with water per package directions.
2. Preheat the oven to broil and place 4 slices of bread on a broil pan. Place two slices of turkey on each slice of bread and top each with 1/4 cup sweet potatoes. Broil for 5 minutes, and after two minutes place four more slices of bread on the pan next to the open face sandwiches to toast.
Remove from the oven and pour 1/8 cup gravy over each3. open-face sandwich. Spread each with 2 teaspoons of cranberry sauce and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon thyme leaf. Top each with a toasted slice of bread from broiler pan and serve immediately.