Sweet and Spicy Gingerbread Snack Mix
- Total Time: 11 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
- Makes: 30 servings
This sweet and spicy take on the salty snack mix original is every bit as tasty as a plate of gingerbread cookies.
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Ginger Root Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Cloves Ground
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Fine Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup refined coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 9 cups mixed organic rice, corn and wheat cereal squares
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 1 cup bite-size pretzels
- 1 cup ginger snap cookie pieces
- 1 cup Frontier Crystallized Ginger, chopped in 1/4-inch pieces
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, combine ginger, cinnamon, cloves and sea salt.
3. In a large, ungreased roasting pan, add coconut oil, honey and molasses. Place in the oven until coconut oil melts. in the oven. Remove from oven and stir.
4. Stir in cereal, mixed nuts, pretzels and ginger snap cookies until coated. Add spice mixture and stir to evenly coat.
5. Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
6. Spread in single layer on baking sheets until cooled. Mix in chopped crystallized ginger. Store in an airtight container.
Makes 30 3/8 cup servings.