Sweet Potato Pie
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
Spices bring out the best of sweet potatoes, which produce a lusciously colored, rich and delicious holiday pie.
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Fine Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Allspice
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Nutmeg Ground
- 2 cups cooked and cooled sweet potato
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk (any variety) or cream
- 1 pie shell (9-inch)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Beat together sweet potato flesh and butter until creamy. Add remaining filling ingredients and mix until smooth.
3. Pour mixture into pie shell. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, until inserted knife comes out clean.
4. Remove from the oven; set aside to cool before serving.
If you’d like to make a deep-dish pie, simply multiply the recipe by half again as much and use a deep-dish 9-inch crust (and plan to cook a little longer).