Sweet Cinnamon Chili Root Vegetable Home Fries
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 4 servings
Bright colors and irresistible sweet heat transform lowly root vegetables to the centerpiece of your meal.
- 1 package Simply Organic Sweet Cinnamon Chili Vegetable Seasoning Mix
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced (for added color, try using orange, yellow and purple carrots)
- 1 large parsnip, peeled and diced
- 1 large beet, diced 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. On a large sheet pan, add the diced carrot, parsnip and sweet potato and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
3. On a smaller, separate sheet pan toss the beet with the remaining olive oil. Divide the cinnamon chili mix over both pans of veggies and toss to coat evenly. (Using two pans keeps the beet from bleeding its vibrant color onto the other vegetables.)
4. Roast the veggies until knife-tender, watching carefully so they do not burn, about 12 to 15 minutes depending on size of vegetables.
5. Combine the beets with the carrots, parsnip and sweet potato. Toss gently and serve warm.