- Total Time: 30 mins
- Hands-on Time: 30 mins
Bubbly cheese, tangy tomato sauce and tender noodles are what encompass a great lasagna. This Italian-inspired recipe features fresh spinach in lieu of meat to keep it lighter, healthier and vegetarian.
- 1 package Simply Organic Italian Herb Spaghetti Sauce Mix
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 package (8-ounces) lasagna noodles
- 3 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 12 ounces cottage cheese
- 8 ounces shredded Italian Blend cheese, divided
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 2-quart casserole pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Mix together tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and Roasted Garlic Spaghetti Sauce.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the ricotta, cottage and half the shredded cheese.
4. Spread a thin layer of the tomato mixture in bottom of 2-quart casserole pan. Place a layer of uncooked lasagna noodles over sauce, then add a layer of spinach. Add a layer of the cheese mixture. Repeat until all the ingredients are used (approximately 3 layers).
5. Top with remaining shredded cheese and Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until pasta is tender.
Chef suggestion Parcook the noodles if a softer texture is desired. Using regular uncooked noodles produces an al dente texture