Spicy Bloody Mary
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
- Makes: 1 servings
A twisted mix of cardamom, garam masala and ground chipotle infuse this Bloody Mary inspired-drink with devilishly distinctive flavor. Float a radish and olive "eyeball" on top for an extra spooky touch.
- 1 pinch Simply Organic Celery Salt
- 1 pinch Simply Organic Cardamom
- 1 pinch Simply Organic Garam Masala
- 1/8 teaspoon Simply Organic Chipotle Pepper
- 1 pinch Simply Organic Black Pepper Medium Grind
- 3 ounces organic vegetable juice, such as R.W. Knudsen Very Veggie®
- 1 ounce stout or other dark beer
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon caper or dill pickle brine
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1 medium-large radish
- 1 small Spanish olive
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 2 ounces vodka
For the garnish
1. Using a melon baller or apple-coring tool, carve a hole - -the size of the Spanish olive, out of the stem-end of the radish (it looks most “ghoulish” if the radish’s root is still attached). Stuff the olive, pimiento-side out, into the hole in the radish. Repeat as needed for additional drinks.
For the drink
1. Salt the rim of a highball glass and fill with ice. In a tall shaker, mix all the ingredients, then fill with ice. Seal and shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds. Strain the mix over the ice, float the “eyeball” on top and serve.
Note This recipe multiplies well to make large batches. Multiply the above ingredients by four or eight and stir in a pitcher with ice, rather than use the shaker. It’s also delicious without the alcohol, simply omit if desired.
Serve with a fresh fennel frond or lovage to use as a straw.