Spicy Black Bean Quesadilla
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 4-6 servings
All hungry hombres, whether vegetarian or carnivore, will find this savory seasoned bean quesadilla creates a delicious and hearty meal.
- 1 package Simply Organic Guacamole Dip Mix
- 1 can (15-ounces) no salt added black beans
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 6-10 tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Fontina cheese
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 small white or yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shiitake or Portobello mushrooms, stems removed and thinly sliced
1. Mix the black bean dip with the water. Set aside.
2. In a saute pan over medium-low heat, add a Tbs of oil, mushrooms, and onions. Caramelize until golden brown and tender, remove from pan and mix with black bean mixture.
3. Lightly spray one side of a tortilla, place on a skillet heated over medium heat. Add a 1/3 of the black bean mixture, spread evenly over the tortilla, and sprinkle a 1/3 cup of cheese over the top. Top with another tortilla.
4. Lightly spray the top of the tortilla. Cook on each side for 2 minutes or until golden brown and the cheese is melted. Repeat for each quesadilla.
5. Transfer to a cutting board and slice into triangles, serve with sour cream and salsa if desired.
Chef Suggestions Substitute onions and mushrooms for your favorite vegetables