Spiced Rum Coquito
This coconut-based spiced rum coquito recipe will take your senses to the tropics.
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Cloves Ground
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Nutmeg Ground
- 1 15-ounce can coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons organic sugar
- 1/2 cup white rum
- whipped cream (for topping)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
FOR THE GLASS RIM GARNISH
1. In a wide, shallow bowl, combine the shredded coconut, 1/3 cup sugar and a pinch of cloves.
2. Dip the rims of 5 glasses in a bowl of water, then into the bowl of garnish.
3. In the freezer, chill the glasses for 20 to 30 minutes before serving.
FOR THE COQUITO
1. In a blender, combine coconut milk, coconut cream, whole milk, heavy cream, 1/3 cup sugar, white rum, vanilla extract, 1/2 teaspoons cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg . Pulse for 2 minutes, until frothy and thick.
2. Pour into chilled glasses and garnish with whipped cream, pinch of cloves and nutmeg.