Southwestern Stuffed Avocados with Lime-Cilantro Crema
- Makes: 4 servings
Avocado cups stuffed with farro, black beans and the right spices make great appetizers or mini-meals on a bright, sunny day. Serve with an easy lime-cilantro crema for maximum Southwestern impact!
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Adobo Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Chili Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Black Pepper Medium Grind
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Cayenne Pepper
- 2 avocados, cut in half, seed and a small bit of flesh removed
- 1 cup uncooked pearled farro
- 1 can (15-oz.) organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup of your favorite salsa
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup crema Mexicana (can sub Greek yogurt)
- juice and zest of 2 limes
- 4 sprigs cilantro leaves, minced
1. Rinse and cook farro according to the package directions.
2. Boil a large pot of water and pour in farro, cooking for about 15-17 minutes for al dente texture (just like pasta, but longer).
3. Drain any excess water and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
4. Add black beans, salsa, adobo seasoning, chili powder, black pepper and olive oil. Stir to combine.
5. Spoon in the farro mixture into the center of avocados.
6. Whisk lime-cilantro crema ingredients together and spoon over stuffed avocados to serve.