Southwestern Red Potato Salad
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Makes: 4 to 6 servings
A light, adobo-infused dressing perfectly complements grilled potatoes, corn and veggies. It's sure to be an easy winner at your next summer cookout.
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic Adobo Seasoning
- 8 medium-sized red potatoes
- 3 ears corn on the cob with husks removed (or 2⁄3 cup corn kernels, cooked)
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup green onions (greens and whites)
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped (parsley will work as a substitute)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (for brushing the potatoes)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced (about 1 tablespoon)
1. Fill a shallow dish with water. Fully submerge corn in the water.
2. Place the potatoes in a large pot; add water until potatoes are covered. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a lively simmer. Cook for 15 minutes, until potatoes are soft (but not mushy).
3. Drain the water from the potatoes. Allow the potatoes to cool until they can safely be handled.
4. Heat the grill.
5. Cut the potatoes in half and brush with olive oil.
6. Remove corn from the water. Place the corn and potatoes on the hot grill. Cook the potatoes for 5 minutes on each side. Cook the corn for 15 minutes, flipping once so both sides are evenly cooked.
7. Once the potatoes and corn are cool to the touch, chop the potatoes into small, bite-sized pieces. Using a knife, remove the corn kernels from the cob (and discard the cob).
8 In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, lime juice and Adobo Seasoning.
9. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, corn, celery, green onions, red onion and cilantro. Pour the dressing over the salad and gently toss.