Slow Cooker Coconut Chicken Curry
- Makes: 4 to 6 servings
A simple slow cooker coconut chicken curry recipe made with coconut milk, kale and organic spices. Serve over jasmine or basmati rice with fresh cilantro.
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic Curry Powder
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Ginger Root Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Black Pepper Medium Grind
- 1/8 teaspoon Simply Organic Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound chicken breasts, cubed
- salt and pepper, to taster
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 white potato, diced
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed if canned
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 13.5-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
1. In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken in pan and cook about 5 minutes, just until the outside begins to brown. Add bell pepper and onion and sauté for 2 more minutes.
2. Into slow cooker, place chicken and vegetables, followed by remaining ingredients, except kale.
3. Place lid on slow cooker and cook on high for about 5 hours, until potatoes and chicken are tender.
4. Serve curry over rice and top with fresh cilantro.