Slow Cooker Chili con Carne
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 4 servings
The original chili con carne (chili with meat) is simply a stew of beef -- no beans in this bowl! We make this classic even simpler with Simply Organic Chili seasoning mix, Spicy or Mild.
- 1 package Simply Organic Spicy Chili Seasoning Mix
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds beef cubes
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons tomato paste
- 2 cups beef or vegetable broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1. In a large pan heat, olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, peppers and garlic. Saute for about 4 minutes. Add beef cubes and cook until browned, about 3 minutes.
2. Transfer mixture to a slow cooker and add tomato paste, broth, diced tomatoes and contents of seasoning mix packet. Mix until combined.
3. Cook in slow cooker on high for 4 to 5 hours or on low for 7 to 8 hours.
4. Serve with your favorite chili toppings.