Simple Sugar Cookie Bars
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 32 servings
These vanilla-almond sugar cookie bars are perfect for no-fuss holiday entertaining.
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Fine Sea Salt
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Almond Extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Baking Soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 5 1/2 teaspoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons milk
- Sliced almonds
Sugar Cookie Bars
1. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking pan. Line with parchment paper so the paper overhangs the edges.
2. In a large bowl, stir the flour with the baking powder and salt; set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the butter with the sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla. Slowly add the flour mixture until fully incorporated.
4. Press mixture into bottom of prepared pan. Chill for 30 minutes and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
5. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until set in the center and edges are lightly golden. Cool completely before frosting.
1. Using an electric mixer, whip butter until light and fluffy. Beat in powdered sugar, milk and almond extract on low speed until smooth.
2. Spread over cooled cookie bars. Sprinkle with almonds. Cut into 32 pieces.