Rosemary and Sage Stuffing
- Total Time: 1 hours 5 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 9 servings
Warm, earthy sage and aromatic rosemary bring out extra flavor in this traditional sage stuffing recipe.
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Fine Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Black Pepper Medium Grind
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Sage Leaf Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Rosemary Leaf Whole
- 6 teaspoons unsalted butter, plus more to coat baking dish
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 loaf Italian bread, cut into 1-inch pieces (approximately 14 cups)
- 2 cups button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 6 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup golden raisins (optional)
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Butter a 9x13-inch baking dish.
2. Place bread on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions, salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes or until onions are translucent.
4. Add remaining ingredients to the pan and toss to combine. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish. Cover and bake for 15 minutes, then uncover and bake for another 35 minutes.
5. Remove from oven. Serve warm.