Roasted Chickpea Buddha Bowls with Avocado Dressing
- Makes: 4 servings
Try this clean, organic chickpea Buddha bowl with avocado dressing drizzled over butternut squash, kale, quinoa, garlic and spices.
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Cumin Seed Ground
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Garlic Powder
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas, cooked
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (divided)
- 1/2 cup olive oil (divided)
- salt and pepper, to taste (divided)
- 2 cups butternut squash, cut into chunks
- 4 cups kale, washed and stems removed
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- Micro sprouts, for garnish (optional)
- Pine nuts, for garnish (optional)
- Radishes, sliced, for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. On a baking sheet, spread chickpeas and 1 clove minced garlic, then drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with cayenne pepper, cumin, salt and pepper. Toss until chickpeas and garlic are evenly coated.
3. On a separate baking sheet, spread butternut squash and 1 clove garlic, then drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with chili powder, salt and pepper. Toss until squash and garlic are evenly coated.
4. Place both baking sheets in the oven. Bake the chickpeas for 15 minutes and the squash for 25 minutes, until you can easily pierce with a fork.
5. While the chickpeas and squash roast, drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil on a skillet and turn heat to medium-high. Sauté red onion until almost translucent. Add kale, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Sauté for an additional 1 to 2 minutes, just until the kale is partially cooked.
6. Fill a medium pot over medium-high heat with about 1 cup water. Add quinoa, then bring water to a boil. Cover and lower heat to low. Let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until all the water has absorbed and the quinoa is fluffy.
7. In a food processor, combine avocado, lime juice, 1 clove minced garlic, 1/4 cup olive oil, cilantro and salt. Blend until smooth. Add water by the tablespoons until desired consistency is achieved.
8. Combine chickpeas, squash, kale and quinoa. Portion into serving bowls. Drizzle cilantro avocado sauce over top. Garnish with micro sprouts, pine nuts, radishes and cayenne pepper, if desired.