Roasted Chicken with Smoked Paprika
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Hands-on Time: 30 mins
Smoked paprika brings smoky heat and robust flavor to organic roasted chicken and vegetables.
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Oregano Leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Black Pepper Medium Grind
- 1 3-to-3 1⁄2-pound whole chicken, giblets remove
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 onion, halved
- 4 red potatoes, chopped
- 10 Brussels sprouts, halved
- 4 carrots, chopped (if the carrots have tops, reserve the tops to garnish the platter)
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
FOR THE CHICKEN
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a medium-size bowl, beat the butter and spices to form a buttery paste.
3. Cover the chicken in the paste, rubbing some between the skin and breasts.
4. Place the onion halves inside the chicken cavity. Cover the chicken with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
5. While the chicken bakes, prepare the vegetables. On a baking sheet, toss the vegetables in olive oil. Spread the vegetables and chickpeas into a single layer.
6. After 25 minutes, reduce the oven temperature to 400 degrees.
7. Bake the chicken for another 25 minutes, until the juices run clear and the leg easily separates from the chicken or a thermometer reads 165 degrees when inserted into the meat. Remove the foil.
8. Allow the chicken to cool for 10 minutes before cutting.
FOR THE VEGETABLES
1. While the chicken bakes, prepare the vegetables.
2. On a baking sheet, toss the vegetables in olive oil and spread them apart.
3. Place in the oven and bake for 30 to 40 minutes. After 15 minutes, add the chickpeas to the baking sheet and gently fold into the vegetables. Continue baking until the vegetables are soft.