Roasted Cauliflower Lentil Tacos with Salsa Verde
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Hands-on Time: 20 mins
- Makes: 8 servings
A simply delicious taco recipe made with tender roasted cauliflower, spiced lentils and a fresh homemade tomatillo salsa verde.
- 1 tablespoon Simply Organic Cumin Seed Ground
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Simply Organic Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Get Crackin'
- 1 Simply Organic Bay Leaf
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup green lentils, rinsed
- 1 white onion, peeled and halved
- 6 cups water
- 8 tomatillos, husks removed and quartered
- 1/2 white onion, peeled
- 4 cups water
- 2 jalapeño peppers
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, stems removed, plus more for garnish
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 corn tortillas
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Place cauliflower florets in a large mixing bowl and add olive oil to coat. Season with 1 tablespoons cumin, 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder and pepper. Coat evenly.
3. Arrange seasoned cauliflower evenly on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
4. Roast for 30 minutes, turning half way through. While cauliflower is roasting, prepare lentils and salsa verde.
5. Place uncooked lentils into a medium-size saucepan. Cover with water and bring to a boil for 1 to 2 minutes. Drain lentils and add them back to saucepan. Add onion, remaining 1 teaspoon cumin, remaining 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, bay leaf and 2 cups water.
6. Over medium-low heat, simmer for 20 minutes or until water absorbs. Set aside.
7. To prepare the salsa verde, combine tomatillos, onion and water in a medium-size saucepan. Bring to a simmer for 10 minutes, until tomatillos soften, then drain.
8. In a high-speed blender or food processor, combine tomatillos, onion, remaining 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, jalapeño peppers, cilantro, lime juice and salt. Blend until smooth and set aside.
9. In a small cast iron skillet or frying pan, individually warm the tortillas over medium-low heat.
10. To assemble, pile heaping spoonfuls of spiced lentils, roasted cauliflower and salsa verde in folded, warm tortillas. Garnish with chopped cilantro and sliced radishes, if desired.