Raspberry Avocado Sorbet with Vanilla Beans
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 4 servings
Chocolate and vanilla lovers rejoice! The battle between the two is over in this simple, wholesome recipe for raspberry avocado sorbet. Smoky-sweet vanilla bean compliments rich dark chocolate chips, creamy avocado and vibrant, juicy raspberries in this refreshing sorbet.
- 1 Simply Organic Madagascar Vanilla Beans
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 1/2 pints fresh raspberries, rinsed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1. The night before, properly chill your ice cream or sorbet churning bowl in the freezer. (If you don’t have an ice cream maker, see quick tip below.)
2. In a high-speed blender or food processor, combine avocado, raspberries, lime juice, honey and split and scraped vanilla bean. Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
3. Pour mixture into a chilled ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions. About 10 minutes into freezing, stir in dark chocolate chips.
4. After about 30 minutes of churning, or when the sorbet is firm, serve immediately as a soft serve sorbet or store in freezer in a covered freeze-proof container (like a loaf pan) for an additional 1 to 2 hours, then serve.
Quick Tip If you don’t have an ice cream maker, complete steps 1 and 2, then transfer mixture to a freezer-safe container. Smooth flat with a spoon and swirl in dark chocolate chips. Cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm.