Pumpkin Spice Swirl Brownies
- Total Time: 1 hours 25 mins
- Makes: 16 servings
With your favorite autumn spices and creamy pumpkin, this decadent treat combines fudgy, dark chocolate brownies with a hint of pumpkin pie. We like to think of it as two desserts in one!
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Nutmeg Ground
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Simply Organic Cloves Ground
- 1/8 teaspoon Simply Organic Allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon Simply Organic Ginger Root Ground
- 8 ounces 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 8 teaspoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup Frontier Organic Black Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Sea Salt
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line an 8x8-inch or 9x9-inch pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, add the cream cheese, pumpkin, egg, vanilla, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice and ginger. Mix with an electric mixer until smooth. Set aside.
3. In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt the bittersweet chocolate and butter. Continue to stir until smooth. Remove from heat and add in both sugars. Once the chocolate mixture has cooled add in the eggs and whisk until combined.
4. In a large bowl, sift together both flours, cocoa powder and baking powder. Once sifted, add in the salt.
5. Add the chocolate and butter mixture into the dry ingredients. Stir just until combined.
6. Pour the brownie batter into prepared pan and bake for 5 minutes. Remove; use a spoon to make divots into the batter and spoon the pumpkin mixture into the divots. Use a knife to swirl the pumpkin mixture into the chocolate brownie batter. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
7. Cool completely before running a knife around the edges and carefully removing the brownies.
8. Cut into 16 pieces and serve.