Penne with Tomato and Herbs
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
- Makes: 10 servings
Transform your next meal with this Italian-inspired penne pasta recipe. Seasoned with the Italian trifecta of garlic, basil and oregano, this rich, creamy pasta can be topped with Parmesan cheese and served with bread slices for a all-in-one vegetarian pasta dish.
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic Basil
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Oregano Leaf
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic Parsley Flakes
- 1 pound penne, cooked al dente
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) can chopped tomatoes, with liquid
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. In large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 5 to 10 minutes. Add the garlic, tomatoes, basil, oregano, and parsley; simmer, stirring occasionally, until the herbs have plumped and the flavors have blended nicely, about 30 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
2. In a heated bowl, toss pasta with the hot sauce to rewarm. Serve immediately, with Parmesan on the side.