Oven-Baked Potato Chips
The best part about these potato chips is that they actually taste like potatoes, not merely oil and salt. Move beyond the white starchy variety to include sweet potatoes, yams, and colorful heirloom varieties.
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic Vegetable Grilling Seasons
- 2 pounds potatoes of choice (sweet potatoes, yams, Yukon gold potatoes, purple potatoes)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grapeseed or olive oil
- 1 pinch Frontier Sea Salt, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Scrub the potatoes and pat them dry. Chop off the ends and discard. You can choose to peal the potatoes or leave the peel on.
3. Place your mandolin slicer on the 1/8-inch setting and slice the potatoes.
4. Place potato slices in a mixing bowl and add the oil and Simply Organic Vegetable Seasoning. Use your hands to toss the chips and evenly coat them with oil and seasoning.
5. Evenly space potato slices on a large baking sheet (you may need to make two batches).
6. Bake chips for 10 minutes, remove them from the oven and carefully flip them to the other side using a spatula. Bake chips for an additional 8 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges and crispy.
7. Sprinkle chips with desired amount of sea salt, and allow them to sit on the hot baking sheet for 5 minutes before serving.
8. Serve chips fresh out of the oven with your favorite dip!
Note if you slice the potatoes to 1/16-inch, bake chips at 375 degrees for 5 to 8 minutes on each side.
Make the perfect oven-baked potato chips with these tips for baking root vegetable chips