Orange Vanilla Waffles with Cinnamon
- Makes: 6 servings
A fluffy whole wheat waffles recipe flavored with vanilla extract, a burst of orange flavor and cinnamon. Use organic ingredients where possible.
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Simply Organic Madagascar Vanilla Beans
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups orange juice
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- Orange zest or orange slices, for garnish
- Pure maple syrup, for serving
1. Preheat a waffle iron.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, orange zest, cinnamon and salt. Whisk until well mixed.
3. In a large bowl, combine orange juice, milk, melted butter, eggs, vanilla extract and vanilla bean, if desired. Whisk until well mixed.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, mixing just until combined.
5. Grease the waffle iron, if needed. Cook the waffles in the waffle iron according to waffle iron directions.
6. Top waffles with orange zest or orange slices and serve with maple syrup.