A wholesome minestrone soup, packed with cannellini beans, onion, carrots, bell pepper and tomatoes.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Simply Organic Oregano Leaf
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Spice Right Pepper and More
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
1. Over medium-high heart, heat olive oil.
2. Add onion, carrot and celery and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until onions are translucent.
3. Add garlic and bell pepper and cook for 1 minute. Add green beans and cook for 1 minute.
4. Top with diced tomatoes, vegetable stock and spices. Stir until well combined.
5. Bring contents to a boil, then over medium-low heat, let simmer uncovered for 25 minutes. Add beans and cook for 5 more minutes
6. Top with fresh parsley and serve.
Store in refrigerator for up to one week or in freezer for several months.