Lemon Pepper White Beans and Greens
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
Zesty lemon pepper and shallot brighten white beans and greens while spicy crushed red pepper flakes add a kick to this simple side dish recipe.
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Lemon Pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Simply Organic Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small bunch collard greens or kale, stems removed
- 1 large shallot, peeled and cut into rings
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups cooked or 1 (15-ounce) can low sodium cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 pinch Frontier Sea Salt, to taste
1. Roughly chop the greens and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and sauté shallot until softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the greens, vinegar, lemon pepper and red pepper flakes. Saute for 3 minutes. Add the broth and cover the pan. Turn the heat to low and let cook for another 3 minutes.
4. Add the beans and saute until the greens are wilted and cooked to your liking. Taste and add salt as needed.