Lemon Herb Grilled Chicken Salad
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 3 to 4 servings
One seasoning is all you'll need to make this light-and-easy grilled chicken salad Simply Organic Chicken Grilling Seasons.
- 1 tablespoon Simply Organic Chicken Grilling Seasons
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Simply Organic Chicken Grilling Seasons
- 3 to 4 boneless chicken breasts (one chicken breast per person)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 to 2 lemons, sliced
- 1 cup croutons
- 8 cups greens (such as romaine, arugula, baby spinach, red leaf or a variety)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 pinch of salt
1. Pound the chicken breasts evenly. Coat the chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle with grilling seasoning.
2. Heat the grill. Once it is hot, place the chicken on the grill and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes or until an internal temperature reading of 165 degrees.
3. Add the lemon slices during the last five minutes of grill time. Cook the lemon slices for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
4. Remove the chicken breasts from the grill and cool for 5 minutes until the chicken can be handled and sliced.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon, seasoning and salt.
6. In a large bowl, toss together the croutons, greens and tomatoes. Add the chicken slices. Pour the dressing over the salad and garnish with grilled lemon slices, which can be squeezed over the salad for an extra pop of lemon flavor.
The time will vary depending on the thickness of the breasts and your grill.