Lamb Burgers with Rosemary Yogurt Sauce
- Total Time: 21 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 4 servings
Spiced with traditional Mediterranean flavors, these lamb burgers are brought to life with a simple tangy yogurt sauce and served on a whole wheat bun.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Simply Organic Cumin Seed Ground
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Rosemary Leaf Whole
- 3/4 teaspoon Frontier Coarse Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Black Pepper Medium Grind
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 7 cloves garlic, minced + divided
- 1/4 red onion, minced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 whole wheat buns
- Lettuce, arugula, sliced tomatoes and sliced red onions, for garnish
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine lamb, 6 cloves minced garlic, onion, cumin, rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. With clean hands, mix until well combined.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil.
3. Divide meat into 4 even patties. When oil is hot, place patties on skillet and cook for about 3 minutes per side, until cooked through. Remove from skillet and drain on a plate lined with a paper towel.
4. In a small mixing bowl, combine yogurt, remaining 1 clove minced garlic, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and lemon juice. Stir until well combined.
5. Assemble burgers on buns, and garnish with yogurt sauce, lettuce, arugula, sliced tomatoes and sliced red onions.