Homemade Enchilada Sauce
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Hands-on Time: 30 mins
Forgo canned varities with this zesty Mexican fare staple. Spiced with robust seasonings, poblano chili peppers and tomato paste, this enchilada sauce will be a new family favorite.
- 1 package Simply Organic Mild Chili Seasoning Mix
- 3 poblano chili peppers (or the pulp of ancho or pasilla chili peppers, no need to roast)
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 12 ounces tomato paste
1. Preheat broiler on low.
2. Place chili peppers on lightly greased cookie sheet and roast until tender, about 15 minutes, turning once midway through. Remove peppers and let cool.
3. Scrape pulp and place in blender or food processor. Add the rest of the ingredients and pureé until smooth. Pour on enchiladas or other appropriate dish, cook and serve.
This recipe will cover 6 to 8 enchiladas or approximately a 2-quart casserole dish.