Hearty Pumpkin Black Bean Soup
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Hands-on Time: 20 mins
- Makes: 6 servings
Well-seasoned with savory herbs and spicy chili powder, this hearty black bean pumpkin soup recipe will quickly become a cold-weather favorite.
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Black Pepper Medium Grind
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Thyme Leaf
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Rosemary Leaf Whole
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Sage Leaf Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Chili Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Cayenne Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Whole Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 (3 1/2 pound) pumpkin, seeded, peeled and diced
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 3 (15-ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 1 (16-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- Parmesan cheese, for serving
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Sea Salt, divided
1. Heat butter in a large soup pot. Add onions, sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon sea salt; cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until onions are tender.
2. Add diced pumpkin, spinach, black beans, tomatoes, garlic, pepper, broth, thyme, rosemary, sage, chili powder, cayenne and remaining sea salt.
3. Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
4. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and Parmesan cheese. Serve warm.