Harvest Salad With Cinnnamon Cranberry Vinaigrette
This fresh, hearty organic harvest salad recipe includes sweet potatoes, butternut squash and pears all topped off with a sweet cinnamon cranberry vinaigrette.
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Cinnamon
- 7-8 cups packed baby spinach (or a baby spinach and arugula combo, if desired)
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, scrubbed and chopped (peeled, if desired)
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and chopped (about 2 1⁄2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup apple slices (any mild, sweet variety)
- 1 cup pear slices (any variety)
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans (*see directions for toasting)
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup cranberries, fresh or frozen (if frozen, defrost until soft)
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
FOR THE SALAD
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. On a greased baking sheet, place the sweet potatoes and butternut squash, then sprinkle with salt and toss with olive oil.
3. Roast the sweet potatoes and butternut squash for 20 to 30 minutes, until soft with slightly crispy corners.
4. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
5. In a large salad bowl, combine all ingredients and gently toss, being careful not to bruise the pears.
FOR THE DRESSING
1. In a high-speed blender, combine olive oil, cranberries, apple cider vinegar, honey, cinnamon and a pinch of salt and pulse for about 60 seconds, until mixture is creamy and smooth.
2. Pour salad dressing over the salad until lightly dressed.
FOR THE TOASTED PECANS
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a greased skillet, scatter pecans in a single layer.
3. Bake pecans in oven for 15 minutes, checking on them after about 7 minutes, until well toasted and fragrant.
4. Allow to cool before adding to salad.