Grilled Fajita Chicken Skewers
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
- Makes: 5 servings
Creamy Southwest Ranch dip cools off spicy chicken without losing flavor. Serve as an appetizer on skewers or as a meal with cilantro-lime rice and grilled vegetables.
- 1 package Simply Organic Southwest Ranch Greek Yogurt Dip Mix
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Ground Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Cumin Seed Ground
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Cayenne Pepper
- 1 16-ounce package plain organic nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Corn Starch
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Cane Sugar
- 2 teaspoons liquid bouillon
- 1 to 1-1/4 pound chicken (any cut), diced into 1-inch cubes
- Wooden skewers that have soaked for 30 minutes in water
1. Mix Simply Organic Southwest Ranch Greek Dip Mix with the 16-ounce package plain organic nonfat Greek yogurt. Chill for 30 minutes.
2. Combine the dry ingredients in a small bowl.
3. In a large bowl, add the cubed chicken and toss with the two packets of liquid bouillon (or organic vegetable oil).
4. Add the dry ingredients to the chicken and toss until evenly coated.
5. Thread the chicken onto the wooden skewers.
6. Preheat your grill. Real wood charcoal tastes best, but gas works fine. Avoid instant-light briquettes as they make food taste like lighter fluid. Aim for medium-high heat - if your grill has a thermometer built into the lid, it should read about 375 degrees. Once hot, reduct the heat to medium (350 degrees) and place the skewers onto the grill grate.
7. Grill the chicken, rotating the skewers after a few minutes. Continue to grill until the chicken is fully cooked, about 12 minutes.
8. Place Simply Organic Southwest Ranch Greek Dip into a small serving bowl. Use as dipping sauce for the chicken skewers.
Substitute 1 1-ounce package of Simply Organic Fajita Seasoning for all dry ingredients. Omit steps 2-4; instead, coat chicken with two tablespoons of organic vegetable oil then toss with Fajita Seasoning until thoroughly coated. Continue with steps 5-8.