Green Chili with Chicken
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 6 servings
Traditionally, green chili is a catch-all for stews built on a green chili sauce, with a base of green peppers. Generously spiced with earthy cumin, fragrant coriander and a mixture of herbs, this version of green chili with chicken makes a warming -- and quick -- weeknight meal. For a vegetarian version, simply leave out the chicken, double the cannellini beans and use vegetable stock.
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Cumin Seed Ground
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Coriander Seed Ground
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Parsley Flakes
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Oregano Leaf
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Cilantro
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Garlic Powder
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 can (4.5 ounce) green chilies
- 1 jar (16 ounce) tomatillo (green) salsa
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 can (15 ounce) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 lime, juiced
1. In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add diced peppers and onion and saute for 5 minutes.
2. In a small bowl combine the spices. Add to pot of sauteed peppers and onions and mix until combined.
3. Add cooked shredded chicken, green chilies, tomatillo salsa, chicken stock and cannellini beans. Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
4. Add lime juice and serve with your favorite toppings such as avocado, cheese, fresh cilantro, green onions or sour cream.