Garlic Shrimp Scampi Bruschetta
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
Turn classic bruschetta into something even more scrumptious with garlic shrimp scampi. Cooked in parchment for beautiful presentation (not to mention easy prep and clean up), the scampi is served over bruschetta toast crisps with fresh mozzarella and a tomato-basil balsamic medley.
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1 Steam Gourmet Garlic n’ Herb Parchment & Seasoning Kit (reserve 2 teaspoons of 1 seasoning package for the bruschetta)
- 1 lemon cut into wedges (optional)
- 1/2 baguette, sliced (about 12 1⁄2-inch slices)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or olive oil cooking spray
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Steam Gourmet Garlic n’ Herb Chicken seasoning (reserved)
- 12 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
For the Shrimp
1. Preheat the oven to 400F.
2. Wash and pat the shrimp dry. In a large bowl, toss the shrimp in the white wine.
3. Sprinkle seasoning package over the shrimp, evenly coating the shrimp in the seasoning (reserve 2 teaspoons for the bruschetta).
4. Place the shrimp in 1 parchment bag, and fold the open edge to seal the bag.
5. Bake for 25 minutes.
6. Remove the shrimp from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes before opening.
For the Bruschetta
1. Brush or spray one side of the baguette slices with olive oil.
2. Place the baguette, olive oil side up, on a baking sheet and toast for 5 minutes (at 400 degrees while the shrimp bakes).
3. Remove from the oven and set aside.
4. In a medium-size bowl, combine the halved cherry tomatoes, sliced basil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and 2 teaspoons of reserved Simply 5. Organic Garlic n’ Herb Seasoning.
6. Put one slice of mozzarella and one teaspoon of the tomato balsamic mixture on each toasted baguette slice.
7. Serve with the shrimp and lemon wedges.