Fiery Shrimp Jambalaya
- Total Time: 55 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 7 servings
This shrimp jambalaya recipe features a well-seasoned Holy Trinity of proteins -- shrimp, chicken and chorizo -- coddled in the the traditional Cajun Holy Trinity of celery, onion and bell peppers.
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic Ground Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Garlic Powder
- 1 package Simply Organic Jambalaya Seasoning Mix
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow pepper, diced
- 1/2 pound chorizo, sliced
- 1/2 pound chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup uncooked rice
- 2 14.5-ounce cans diced tomatoes
1. In a bowl, add paprika, cayenne and garlic powder and mix. Add shrimp to bowl, gently combine and set aside.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add peppers, onions and celery and saute for about 5 minutes.
3. Add sliced sausage and chicken and cook for another 6 to 8 minutes or until cooked through.
4. Add broth, rice, diced tomatoes and Jambalaya Seasoning Mix and simmer. Stir frequently for 15 minutes so the rice doesn’t stick to the pot.
5. Add shrimp and cook for another 10 minutes.