Delicata Squash and Thyme Biscuits
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Hands-on Time: 20 mins
- Makes: 10 biscuits servings
Give your biscuits a clean twist with delicata squash and organic thyme, rosemary and sage following this simple squash biscuits recipe.
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic Thyme Leaf
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Sage Leaf Ground
- 1 tablespoon Simply Organic Rosemary Leaf Whole
- 1 delicata squash, seeds removed, peeled and cut into 1 inch slices
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 8 cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon whole milk, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 stick salted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a food processor, shred squash slices. Add flour, baking powder, thyme and sage. Pulse for 30 seconds, scraping sides of food processor bowl once or twice if needed.
3. With the food processor running, add cubed cold butter 1 piece at a time. Pulse for about 30 seconds, until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4. With the food processor running on low speed, slowly add milk. Once ingredients come together to form a ball, stop food processor. Take care not to overwork or over-process the dough!
5. Turn dough out onto a well-floured surface and gently pat it down to form a rectangle, sprinkling a little flour on top if needed. Fold dough over top of itself lengthwise. Cut out biscuits with a biscuit cutter, then place on a baking stone.
6. In a small bowl, combine egg and milk. Whisk until well combined, then brush each biscuit with egg wash.
7. Bake for about 12 minutes, until golden on top.
8. While the biscuits bake, make the rosemary butter. Using a hand mixer, beat together butter, rosemary and olive oil until smooth and creamy.
9. Serve biscuits warm with rosemary butter.