Crunchy Roasted Chickpeas
- Total Time: 8 mins
- Hands-on Time: 8 mins
These roasted chickpeas are a snack that can be enjoyed by all as substitute for nuts or crackers. You can also make a trail mix of popcorn, roasted chickpeas and dried fruit for a treat.
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Cumin Seed Ground
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Chili Powder
- 1 pinch Simply Organic Black Pepper Medium Grind
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (if canned, drain and rinse)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons olive oil, or olive oil spray/mist
- 1 pinch Frontier Sea Salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Place chickpeas on a paper towel and roll around to dry the beans. Remove any loose skins. Pat dry.
3. Combine spices (see Chef’s Suggestions) in a small bowl.
4. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Place the chickpeas on the baking sheet and mist with oil. Roll around to coat.
5. Sprinkle with spices and toss well with spoon to coat.
6. Make sure the chickpeas are in a single layer and place in the oven.
7. Roast for 30 to 40 minutes until the beans are a deep golden brown and crunchy, turning the chickpeas over after 15 minutes of roasting.