Crab Cakes with Wicked Aioli
Dive into this clean, well-spiced crab cakes recipe made with organic dill, parsley and cayenne, then dressed in organic wicked aioli sauce!
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Dill Weed
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Parsley Flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon Simply Organic Cayenne Pepper
- 1 package Simply Organic Wicked Aioli Sauce Mix
- 12 ounces crab meat
- 2 tablespoons + 1/2 cup mayonnaise, divided
- 1 1/4 cups Greek yogurt, divided
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs, divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- lemon wedges, for serving
1. Place crab meat in a large bowl. In a medium-size bowl, combine mayonnaise, 1/4 cup yogurt, bell pepper, green onions, lemon zest and juice, dill weed, parsley, cayenne, egg, salt and pepper. Stir until well mixed. Add 1/2 cup bread crumbs to the wet ingredients and stir until well mixed.
2. Gently fold the wet ingredients into the crab meat, being careful not to break up the crab meat too much.
3. Using a 1/4-cup measuring cup, scoop the mixture onto a cookie sheet. Gently shape each crab cake into a disk. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
4. While the crab cake mixture refrigerates, make the wicked aioli sauce. Mix contents of packet with remaining 1/2 cup mayonnaise and remaining 1 cup Greek yogurt. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. Place remaining 1/2 cup bread crumbs on a plate. Dip each side of each crab cake into the crumbs carefully because the crab will break and crumble easily.
6. In a flat skillet over medium heat, spread oil around the pan. Fry crab cakes on each side for 3 to 4 minutes. Serve hot with lemon wedges and dollop of wicked aioli.